Jimmy Cricket was delighted to return to his favourite Blackpool hotel recently.
The famous Northern Irish comedian has been appearing at the popular Lyndene Hotel for several years.
He was scheduled to do two shows a night on 23 dates during 2020.
However, the summer performances could not go ahead because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The government placed the United Kingdom into lockdown in late March.
But the reopening of hotels and other entertainment venues meant Jimmy could return to the Lyndene at last.
And he was clearly happy after his first show back there last week.
Jimmy, 74, said: “Was wonderful to get back to what seemed like a sense of normality tonight, at the #LyndeneHotel while social distancing and washing hands! “
His return was also welcomed on social media, where the comments included:
- Well done Jimmy Cricket people need to laugh and forget the negativity of what’s happening, looking forward to seeing you at the Comedy Lounge
- Well done and welcome back!
- Bravo Jimmy Many more to come i hope.
- Make em laugh Jimmy , just what the Doc ordered
Every night of the year
The Lyndene Hotel, perched on the seafront, is one of Blackpool’s unique venues as it welcomes tourists and visitors all year round.
Its website says that it offers more than 141 fully equipped and tastefully decorated en suite bedrooms.
“The Lyndene Hotel offers superb compered entertainment EVERY NIGHT of the year,” it adds.
Jimmy is in his FIFTH season at the Lyndene Hotel.
* Note that any scheduled dates for the rest of 2020 are subject to change or cancellation depending on measures imposed during the pandemic.