Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, folks!
I cannot believe 2016 is coming to an end and the Christmas season is once more upon us.
This year has been a fantastic one for me personally as it all started back in January with a service led by the Bishop of Salford to formally award me with my Papal Knighthood.
During the year I have also been fortunate to have:
· Been involved in some great shows, such as the You Must Be Joking, which toured Northern Ireland back in the spring, and the opening weekend of The Good Old Days autumn season at the world-famous City Varieties Theatre in Leeds
· Made a couple of appearances alongside my friend Tony Crane and the iconic 60s band The Merseybeats
· Had trips to Spain to appear in some lovely venues around the Costa Blanca region
· Paid visits to the Warner Leisure sites at Nidd Hall in Harrogate and Bembridge on the Isle of Wight
· Did a spring season at the Lyndene Hotel in Blackpool
· Continued to write a monthly column in the Preston-based Lancashire Evening Post
· And managed, at long last, to launch a new Christmas CD for the Francis House Children’s Hospice – a project I’ve been wanting to get off the ground for a couple of years. As I write this, I am nearing sales of more than 1,300 from this year’s festive period.
This Christmas I am at the White Rose Theatre in Leeds featuring in a panto production of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
And then when we get into 2017, I immediately fly off to Tenerife for an appearance there early in the New Year!
And there’s more…
… Other highlights for 2017 include a return to the Benidorm Palace in March alongside Gerry and the Pacemakers; another residency back at the Lyndene Hotel in Blackpool over the winter, spring and the autumn; teaming up with my pals from show band group Clubsound for a night in Northern Ireland In April; a visit to the Wayside Cheer Hotel in Guernsey over the Easter weekend; a voyage with Cruise & Maritime Voyages around the Faroe Islands in July; and plenty more to keep me out of mischief!
If you see me advertised at any venue near you in 2017, please do come along and say ‘Hi’!
That reminds me… can I thank all those who over the last year have either seen one of my shows, or browsed this website, or bought one of my CDs or DVDs.
All that remains for me to say, dear readers, is have a happy Christmas and a great start to the New Year!